I seem to be on a card kick the last little while... I haven't scrapped in ages! I am going this weekend to a fund raising crop from 9-6pm. I will be working on finishing a couple projects for an upcoming workshop I am hosting at the beginning of February. We'll be making 2 really cute Valentines Day projects. Once I get those samples done, I am gonna SCRAP! well, at least one layout!
I also have a Fast & Fabulous Card class on Feb 12th running at Bizzy B's. My classes didn't quite make it onto the calendar before Barb left for CHA today, but you could still call the store and register! Thursday February 12th, we're doing Fast & Fabulous Cards at the BEE 7:30-9:30pm. 416-203-0433
Class is $30.00 and includes all supplies to make 6 cards.
(Including this sweet birdie one!).
That's it for tonight, I've got some friends coming over for Taco's and wedding talk tomorrow night.. so I need to go get some sleep. I'll post instructions on how to make this card tomorrow... it's actually pretty simple though it took me HOURS to make if for some reason.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Posted by Lara Brooks at 11:47 PM
Sunday, January 18, 2009
So, I am in a big kiss kinda mood! I got the official word that I am on the Canadian Scrapbooker Design Team for 2009 and I am pretty, okay incredibly excited about it! BIG KISS to all the Canadian Scrapbook girls! Thanks for having me!
I have been itching to Scrapbook all day today, but as always it seems I don't get to sit at my work table before 10p.m.! ARGH..... where does the time go? This is also not the best time to take photo's, but here it is anyways.
KI Memories Patterned Paper
Prism Cardstock, pink and black
Black Offray Ribbon
Marvy Mtchables English Red Ink
CM Circle Punch
Marvy Uchida Square Punch (blue)
1. Cut pink cardstock to 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, score at 4 1/4 and fold to make yiur card base
2. Cut lips patterned paper to 5 1/4 x 4, this is the card front
3. Punch out 4 different patterns and mat with black cardstock
4. Adhere square to lips background.
5. Wrap black riboon around lip paper and tie into a know, cut ends at an angle
6. Adhere cardfront to cardbase
7. Stamp lips onto white cardstock, punch out with circle punch, punch second larger circle from black cardstock and adhere together. Place overlapping on square.
SMOOCH! Your done! It's edgy rather than cutesy....