Tuesday, June 08, 2010

It's Monday....

Yesterday was Monday, and that meant burger night.  I had planned on making these tasty sounding Greek Lamb Burgers,  but instead had a cold Roasted Chicken Chef Salad and Garlic Cheese bread.  I do plan on making the burgers NEXT week, and though I would share anyways.   I've got quite a collection to try this summer!   Lot's of fun. 

Greek Lamb Burgers

1 pound lamb (ground)
1 small onion (finely chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon dill (chopped)
1 tablespoon mint (chopped)
1 teaspoon lemon zest
salt and pepper to taste
4 buns (I used whole wheat, or pitas)
lettuce
tomatoes (slices)
tzatziki
feta (crumbled)

Directions:
1. Mix the lamb, onion, garlic, oregano, dill, mint, lemon zest, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Form Patties with the mixture.
3. Grill, broil or pan fry the patties.
4. Assemble burgers.

Today was my day off, did lot's of odds n' ends.  Weeded the back yard, and cleaned the kitchen,  made chicken vegetable soup and I may make some muffins.. if I don't run out of steam.

I also booked dinner at this fantastic sounding new restaurant in Toronto.  It's called Ruby Watch Co.  Chef Lynn Crawford (formerly of the Four Seasons) is the owner and chef, and it's sounds, well, fantastic. We're booked in with friends.... June 24th, can't wait. 

We are off  to Little League tonight, ... both Jacob and Jonathan are playing... Tues & Thursday all summer so I've gotta be ready EARLY and I have to make a few cards this afternoon.

I was cruising the Magenta Stamps site for some inspiration, and  I came across this card that I particularly liked.  It can be used for so many occassions.. I'm off to case it!   If you're like me, and often need a "jumping off point, you should think about using SKETCHES.  Many sites have them... here's one from Magenta.

0 comments: